WAVE Productions is a self-supporting, not-for-profit student theatre company operating primarily on Northwestern University's Evanston Campus. In addition to having five mainstage shows per season, WAVE supports and creates special events that stretch the boundaries of what theatre can be. WAVE also works to reach out to both the Northwestern and Evanston communities through partnerships and other events. Although WAVE is written in all-caps, it does not, as far as we know, stand for anything in particular. Possibilities, however, include We Are Very Excited, We Ate Vulture Eggs, and We Always Vary Endlessly. Suggestions are welcome.
WAVE's Mission Statement
WAVE Productions exists to share the stories of the past and present in order to open the door to a better future!
To fulfill its responsibility to the Northwestern campus and surrounding communities, WAVE sets for itself the following objectives:
- to sustain a dynamic and progressive presence on campus by fostering traditional and experimental theatrical forms
- to provide an environment in which students can educate themselves through the art and business of theatre
- to create an extended family and provide a safe environment in which creativity can flourish
- to provoke response within our communities
- to encourage ongoing exploration and discovery through theatre
- to create and engage a new generation of theatre artists and audiences
WAVE Productions is in possession of both build space and storage space. The WAVE Garage is located on Noyes Street between Sheridan Road and Orrington (behind 617 Noyes Street). It has been outfitted on the lower level as a scenic construction shop with limited lumber storage space. The Garage Attic is a storage area for soft goods, some lighting fixtures and a wide selection of stage properties and costume pieces. If you are interested in renting any of our set pieces, props and costumes or if you want to reserve garage space, please contact WAVE's Production Technical Directors: Sophia Carbonell and Cammy Harris at their respective emails, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Feel free to browse our constantly improving inventories by following the links below.
Are you interested in designing or assistant designing a WAVE show? Are already designing for a WAVE Production but have questions or concerns? Please don't hesitate to contact WAVE's Design Technical Director, Marley Smith at <email>firstname.lastname@example.org</email>.
- Early Fall "Incest Show:" The Little Prince Produced by Meghan Considine and Max Han, Directed by Maya Pierce, Annabel Heacock, and Cammy Harris
- Fall Shanley: You Got Older Produced by Jillian Korey, Directed by Grace Dolezal-Ng
- Winter McCormick: Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Produced by Gracie Brakeman, Directed by Taylor Stark
- 5th Annual Director Festival
- Spring Shanley Studio: Mother Courage and Her Children Produced by Danielle Kerr, Directed by Jessie Baldinger
2018-2019 Executive Board
- University Relations Chair: Jeremy Gubman
- Artistic Director: Connor Lifson
- Production Manager: Marlyn Smith
- Business Manager: Meghan Considine
- Director of Development: Cammy Harris
- Community Outreach Coordinator: Erin Claeys
- Production Stage Manager: Sarah Springhorn
- Marketing Director: Graham Helfrick
- Production Technical Director: Elias Passas & Max Han
- Special Events Coordinator: Annabel Heacock
- Literary Manager: Jack Posey
- Historian: Maya Pierce
- Freshman Board Representatives: Paige Dirkes-Jacks, Harry Echtman, Mariana Leone