About Arts Alliance
Arts Alliance is the oldest and largest student arts group at Northwestern University, a school renowned for its breadth of undergraduate-produced programming. Founded by a collection of groups looking to share space, Arts Alliance has grown to become one of the largest student arts organizations in the country. Historically, Arts Alliance started as Graffiti Dancers, Garden Party Productions, Thunk A Cappella and The Dolphin Show. Its annual season now consists of three mainstage productions, Mee-Ow Improv & Sketch Comedy, and special events throughout the year that all speak directly to our newly clarified mission and associated pillars. We continue to stay committed to creating art that reflects, deepens, and challenges the greater Northwestern community.The Arts Alliance Executive Board consists of roughly eighteen members from all types of educational backgrounds committed to bringing entertaining theatrical experiences to the Northwestern and Evanston communities.
Arts Alliance is a non-profit student arts organization committed to providing diverse and fulfilling artistic experiences to enrich the Northwestern University community. Arts Alliance is rooted in its long-standing traditions and continues to seek out new artistic opportunities. It provides a positive atmosphere in which students can learn and work alongside a committed and supportive board to create exciting, professional-quality productions.
Our Three Pillars
Arts Alliance operates around three pillars that drive our season:
- Art that is easy to relate to: we are dedicated to telling resonant human stories through diverse voices and perspectives by practicing inclusivity in our processes and products.
- Art that is easy to speak with: we strive to create a space where conversations can be started in response to thought provoking work.
- Art that is easy to reach: we are committed to ensuring our community's financial and physical needs are met so they can enter our spaces comfortably.
2019-2020 Executive Board
- Sophia Danielle-Grenier, Executive Director
- Connor Carlin, Artistic Director
- Theo Janke-Furman, Finance Director
- Leo Jared Scheck, Production Manager
- Jackie Orlando, Mee-Ow Producer
- Carson Stewart, Technical Director
- Libby Hatton, Technical Director
- Martina Cavard, Stage Management Chair
- Christina Carty, Marketing Director
- Alison Nicole Martin, Digital Media Director
- Samuel Maude, Graphic Designer
- Kate Coffey, Director of Development
- Lydia Spettel, Director of Development
- Gaby Godinez, Diversity and Inclusion Chair
- Madi Hart, Special Events Coordinator
- Katie Song, Special Events Coordinator
- Lorenzo Pipino, Equipment Manager
- Jane Emma Barnett, Member At-Large
- Garden Party: Cabaret (2018)
- Produced by: Aleah Matthews-Runner and Jane Emma Barnett
- Directed by: Kelsey Robins
- Fall Mainstage: Carrie: The Musical
- Produced by: Emma Franklin
- Directed by: Annabel Heacock
- Spring Mainstage: Smokefall
- Produced by: Maxwell Han
- Directed by: Meghan Considine
- Mee-Ow Improv & Sketch Comedy
- Produced by Jackie Orlando
Have an idea for an Arts Alliance special event? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need to rent equipment from Arts Alliance for your show? Contact our Equipment Manager at email@example.com for all rental inquires.